Birthday cards are a part of our culture, and the perfect way to show someone you care. There are many types of cards, to suit all personality types, but people struggle with the perfect message. Luckily, Margiebloom’s have put together this helpful guide, so you can always say what you want, and make someone’s day memorable.
The Casual Message
If you’re sending a card to an acquaintance or colleague, then it’s hard to know what to say. Naturally, you don’t want to go into a gushy speech about how amazing they are, but a simple “Happy Birthday” doesn’t seem enough. These messages are short, sweet and ideal for a casual card.
- Happy Birthday! Hope you have an amazing day, full of fun and happiness.
- It’s time for a piece of cake and loads of fun! Happy Birthday
- Happy Birthday! I hope this next year brings you happiness, fun and special memories.
- Enjoy your special day, but not too much! Happy Birthday.
- It’s your birthday! Make sure you enjoy yourself.
The Milestone Message
There are certain milestones in our lives, that make celebrating extra special. Turning 18, 30 and 60 are all things to celebrate. These messages are perfect for these occasions.
- You’re 40, so what? You only live once so enjoy every moment!
- Happy adulthood! Enjoy your journey of discovery.
- Your 60th means it’s time to relax and take it easy. Except for tonight. Drinks are on me!
- Remember, try to keep your message light and breezy. People struggle with milestones, especially their 40th birthday, so try to make them smile.
The Funny Message
Your close friends and family will appreciate a funny birthday message. If you’re not a sentimental individual, then a humorous message shows you care, but won’t feel forced.
- You’re difficult to shop for, so I didn’t buy you anything! Happy Birthday.
- Good looking, funny, intelligent, but that’s enough about me! Happy Birthday.
- Congratulations, you’re one of the few people whose birthday I remember without a Facebook reminder.
- Guess what? Science has proved that people with more birthdays live longer!
The Lovers Message
It doesn’t matter if it’s a new relationship or you’ve been together for years, writing a message for your lover is hard! You have to get it right, but you don’t want to seem too fake, right? Here are some excellent messages to use.
- Happy Birthday! Looking forward to spending another wonderful year with you.
- Today is all about you. Let’s make some memories! All my love, now and forever.
- Happy Birthday! Of course you should celebrate, you’re with me!
- I’m so lucky I get to spend this special day with you. Happy Birthday to my one and only.
- We’ve been through a lot, and I look forward to continuing our journey. Happy Birthday!
The Mum Message
Let’s face it, writing a message for your dad is easy! However, people struggle with writing a message for their mother. You want to get it right, especially if she’s the type to show the card to your friends!
- Mums are special, but nobody compares to you. Happy Birthday, Mum.
- You’re always there for me, so today is all about you. All my love.
- Getting older means more wisdom, which is why I get you to solve all my problems!
- Mum, you cook for us and clean so why break the habit of a lifetime? Enjoy the washing up!
The Best Friend Message
Your best friend is there for you through thick and thin, so celebrate their birthday with a warming message.
- We can’t choose our family, but I chose you and I’m glad. Here’s too many more wonderful years of friendship.
- You’ve been here through the bad and good times. I can’t wait to celebrate your birthday together.
- Forget the years and candles, let’s count the memories.
- To the best friend anyone could ask for, have a wonderful day full of love and laughter.
Remember, birthdays are special occasions, and the right message can make someone’s day. Now you know what to say, you just need to find the perfect card. Margiebloom’s has a range of beautiful handmade flower cards and each comes with a free personalised message. View our stunning selection here
Do you have the perfect message? Did someone send you a card with a message that made you smile? Let us know in the comments!